Safe visiting at St. John’s Riverside Hospital
Guidelines for patient visitation have been issued by the New York State
Department of Health allowing for limited visitation.
EFFECTIVE APRIL 10, 2023
The following safety protocols have been implemented to protect our patients, staff, and visitors. We appreciate your patience, understanding and cooperation.
- All visitors are screened for COVID symptoms.
- Visitation will not be allowed for those VISITORS who have tested positive for COVID in the previous 10 days, or visitors who have had close contact with someone who tested positive.
- We welcome visitors over the age of 12.
- The Andrus and Dobbs Ferry Pavilion visiting hours are 11 AM-8 PM.
- Visitation is restricted to two persons at a time at the bedside.
- ICU: Visiting hours in the ICU are 12 PM – 6 PM.
- Emergency Department: 1 visitor per patient. Exceptions/limitations will be made based on ED volume.
- Maternity Visitors:
*L&D: 2 Support people. No children
*Post-Partum: 1 Support person that may stay the entire time. 2 Visitors at the bedside from 11 AM–8 PM. We welcome sibling visitors of all ages.
*Special Care Nursery: Only COVID negative parents may visit inside special care nursery
- Only the mother (patient) is COVID tested. We do not test the father or any visitor. All support persons and visitors must perform hand hygiene.
- Exceptions/limitations will be considered on a case by case basis and must be approved by the nursing supervisor or designee.
- All vendors, sales representatives and non-essential parties will not be permitted access onto the sites without administrative approval.
- A mask will be provided in the event a visitor requests one upon arrival.
- Visitors must practice hand hygiene. Once in the hospital, visitors must remain in the patient’s room during their visit. Visitors will be expected to follow all staff instructions for specific precautions for each patient. When visiting hours are over, all visitors must promptly leave the Hospital.