St. John’s Riverside Hospital in Southern Westchester has delivered more babies than any other hospital in the county, yet every baby is treated like our first born. Our team of first-rate doctors delivers the latest and most advanced care in a first-class environment that includes a new suite of labor, delivery and recovery rooms. The personalized pre-natal education program enhances the birthing experience providing comprehensive classes from Lamaze to breastfeeding and from hypnobirthing to infant massage. St. John’s has continued to set the standard in maternity health care for more than a century… it’s no wonder that it’s the place more expectant parents have turned to first.
Maternity Services at St. John’s Riverside Hospital
Your pregnancy and the birth of your baby is one of the most exciting times of your life. At. St. John's Riverside Hospital, we believe in providing a warm, caring and safe environment for the birth of your baby.
St. John's offers new mothers the advantage of laboring and delivering in comfortable, homey Labor, Delivery & Recovery Suites, while being attended by gifted Labor, Delivery and Nursery RN's. All of whom are certified in neonatal resuscitation. Our goal is to provide the most memorable childbirth experience for you and your family. With this in mind, St. John's offers:
- Private, Luxury Suites for all our new moms
- Postpartum Visiting Hours 1:00pm to 8:00pm Fathers are welcome at any time! Siblings may visit from 4:00pm to 8:00pm
- 24 hour anesthesia coverage
- Advanced pain management
- Dedicated Warm Line where new parents can call and have their questions answered any time of the day or night. Call 964-4800.
- A certified lactation consultant who can anticipate and solve common or potential problems.
- Newborn hearing screening program.
- 1 to 1 teaching, so we can better meet your individual need.
- Award-winning infant security program.
- A comprehensive educational program including breastfeeding/parenting classes, Lamaze classes, and video educational alternatives.
Level II Nursery
Once your baby is delivered, you can rest assured that our state-of-the-art, Level II, Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery is equipped to provide comprehensive medical services if your baby is born prematurely or has other special needs. Our experienced neonatologists and registered nurses trained in neonatal health, staff our nursery. St. John's also offers 24-hour neonatology coverage.
Prenatal Evaluation Services
Prenatal Evaluation Services located right on the main floor of St. John's provides genetic and pre-conception counseling, amniocentesis, targeted ultrasounds, Level II biophysical profiles, perinatal management of high-risk or potentially high-risk pregnancies, and a medical office coordinator to assist with questions. Dr. Paul Gleason is Medical Director. Call 914-964-4646.
St. John’s has a long standing commitment to women’s services and is proud to have three of the finest fertility physicians on staff. Jeffrey Klein, MD, Christina Veit, MD, and Michael Blotner, MD are all affiliated with St. John’s.